SharePoint Red X for Images

I use images in wiki pages all the time. Suddenly, when I went to my wiki posts, I was seeing a red X instead of my images. I had a co-worker browse the site and they were able to see the image. Then I discovered, if I changed my host file to point from one Web Front End to the other, one WFE would give me images the other wouldn’t.

WFE 1

WFE 2

These images are in the content database. There should be no reason for one WFE to serve the image while the other doesn’t. Except, we use  BLOB caching. I went into the offending server’s blob cache directory and found the image files (do not just delete the root folder!) and deleted them. Alternately, I could have flushed the blob cache. After an IISRESET, the WFE served up the images again.

I needed to delete the Temporary Internet files on my local machine as well to once again see the images.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: